The world today has just heard another deafening nonfictional story—a suspect 20-year-old male for killing 26 people, including children between 5 and 10 years old at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.
The mass shooting happened, Friday late morning, Dec. 14, 2012 (Saturday, Dec. 15, 2012, Philippine time).
The number of death tolls at Sandy Hook Elementary School would likely make it “one of the deadliest school shootings in history,” a report on the atlanticwire.com revealed.
In the United States crime statistics, presumably, this is just another crime incident or another feat in the history of gun violence.
Gun violence is an overwhelmingly debated political issue in the United States that brought up the worsening issue of gun-related violence that often involved juveniles. Which eventually fueled to the brewing of a gun policy, which is currently under intense debate.
The Guardian reported that the latest gun crime statistics (2010) in the United States revealed 8,775 out of 12,996 murders. This is, by the way, alarming to consider that of all murders recorded in the United States alone, over 60% of them were caused by firearms.
However, the presumption of this alarming consternation (as just another crime incident) might be a way back decades longer than before it had been realized. This might be different now—the cynics prodded—insinuating the brewing of a policy to disarm civilians or a measure to ban gun possession in the United States.
Adam Lanza, 20-year-old gunman; other shooting incidents
Adam Lanza, the identified 20-year-old gunman in the Connecticut school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut was believed to have killed himself after. He was a child of divorce who still lived with his mother (who was believed to have been killed by her own son, Adam) and who has suffered from a “personality disorder” somewhat autistic as what has been described by his older brother, Ryan Lanza (photo below), the Associated Press reported on the atlanticwire.com.
In the 1999 Columbine shooting, 13 were at Columbine High School in Colorado. In 2007, another campus shooting at Virginia Polytechnic and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia left 32 dead. On top of that, there were quite a number of related crimes that happened throughout the history of gun violence.
July this year, James Holmes, 24, allegedly killed 12 people and wounded 58 others during the midnight screening of the movie, Batman in Aurora, Colorado. All these are attributed to gun violence.
Stage or mere violence?
Who would have thought to dig deep down into the truth if the government itself was then responsible for these horrible consternations that wreaked havoc on the people the very government deemed to protect?
Who would have dreamed of these events only to denounce dauntlessly a clandestine operation without being dragged or involved in it and would end up with a self-inflicted crime?
Then what the hell the government would dare talking it openly about these things they would rather call “security measures” dragging themselves down to the pit of guilt? But cynics may fret: are all these things real, made-up, or just a hoax?
Reports revealed that the Colorado Batman shooting showed signs of being staged according to an investigation. One thing or another, James Holmes’ behavior has been found inconsistent with criminal observations. Unemployed at that, yet he has been found to have possession of quite sophisticated military gear and paraphernalia. Is it that how able the unemployed nowadays?
More and more irregularities have been revealed as the investigations kept going. But would justice for the Colorado shooting be served well in the end? Or would the investigation die its natural death in a day or two?
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) apparently has been known for having quite a reputable history in staging similar or related assaults and, of course, heavily funded by the government. Reports about the FBI’s declassified admission of guilt were quite documented by several media outfits.
On this latest Connecticut school shooting, hopefully, we will hear soon updates and irregularities asking questions after questions that are inconsistent, with improbable crime dynamics, and other probing angles that might have led to this shooting as either just another sort of gun violence or another staged crime.
Today, the Sandy Hook Elementary School; tomorrow, who will be the next sacrificial lambs or victims of gun violence?
Staged crimes are supposed to make some cover-ups—either for a crime or for security policies, revenge, or even for extraction. Fiction or nonfiction, whichever that may sound familiar to you, people should always be ready for possible staged assaults and other possible organized staged crimes anytime at any cost. Fiction or not, the truth always has its time to explain or has to leave it blank.
In addition to the Connecticut school shooting event, below are some of the deadliest school shootings in history reported on the atlanticwire.com believed to have been used by several countries to impose laws and measures pertaining to gun control:
- 32 victims at Virginia Polytechnic and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia (2007)
- 27 victims (according to early reports; CNN reports the death toll to be closer to 30, as of press time.) at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut (2012)
- 17 victims at Dunblane School in Dunblane, Scotland (1996)
- 16 victims at Johan Gutenberg high school in Erfurt, Germany (2002)
- 16 victims at the University of Texas in Austin, Texas (1966)
- 15 victims at Albertville secondary school in Winnenden, Germany (2009)
- 14 victims at École Polytechnique in Montreal, Canada (1989)
- 13 victims at Columbine High School in Columbine, Colorado (1999)
- 13 victims at Azerbaijan State Oil Academy in Baku, Azerbaijan (2009)
- 12 victims at Tasso da Silveira Municipal School in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (2011)
- 10 victims at Kauhajoki School of Hospitality in Kauhajoki, Western Finland (2008)
- 9 victims at Red Lake Senior High School in Red Lake, Minnesota (2005)
- 7 victims at Oikos University in Oakland, California (2012)
- How will explain away gun shooting at elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut? dekerivers.wordpress.com)
- School Shootings: Will we ever learn? (jesscy.wordpress.com)
- Connecticut school shooting (socyberty.com)
- Interactive: School shootings around the world since 1996 (o.canada.com)
- A real American horror story (jeffwinbush.com)
- Expert: Conn. gun laws need background checks, limit on guns purchased at once following school shooting (connecticut.cbslocal.com)
- Officials react to mass school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Hours after Connecticut Kindergarten Shooting, Michigan GOP calls for allowing guns in schools (thinkprogress.org)
Regel Javines attempts to understand life and existence through the lens of gnostic spirituality and ontological mathematics. He has been blogging since 2011 writing news, commentary, and opinion about politics, law, and various pressing social issues of interest. Regel is a graduate student at the University of San Carlos taking up an M.A. in Philosophy. View his profile >>>