A 5.7 magnitude earthquake hits Mindoro in the early morning today. Damage and aftershocks are expected.
A magnitude of 5.7 earthquake hits Mindoro on Sept. 27, past 1 a.m. with a depth of 76 kilometers, located northeast of Looc, Occidental Mindoro, the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) earthquake information report.
Reported intensity 4
The tectonic origin earthquake has reported intensity 4 in the following areas:
- Calatagan, Lian, Lipa City, Malvar and Nasugbu, Batangas;
- Malolos City and Obando, Bulacan;
- Cavite City, General Trias, Naic, Amadeo, Bacoor, Dasmarinas, Tagaytay City and Tanza, Cavite;
- Binan, Cabuyao, Laguna;
- Las Pinas City; Malabon City; Mandaluyong City; City of Manila; Marikina City; Muntinlupa City; Paranaque City; San Juan City; Taguig City; Pateros, Metro Manila;
- Abra De Ilog, Looc, Lubang and Mamburao, Occidental Mindoro;
- Baco, Naujan and Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro;
- San Mateo and Taytay, Rizal
Phivolcs also reported expected damage and aftershocks. RQJ
Regel Javines, at present, is working on his M.A. in Philosophy at the University of San Carlos attempting to understand life and existence through the lens of gnostic spirituality and ontological mathematics. He has been writing since 2011 publishing news, commentary, and opinion about politics, law, and various pressing social issues of interest. More >>