A magnitude of 5.7 earthquake hits Mindoro on Sept. 27, past 1 a.m. with a depth of 76 kilometers, located northeast of Looc, Occidental Mindoro, the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) earthquake information report.
Earthquake hits Mindoro with reported intensity 4
The tectonic origin earthquake has reported intensity 4 in the following areas:
- Calatagan, Lian, Lipa City, Malvar and Nasugbu, Batangas;
- Malolos City and Obando, Bulacan;
- Cavite City, General Trias, Naic, Amadeo, Bacoor, Dasmarinas, Tagaytay City and Tanza, Cavite;
- Binan, Cabuyao, Laguna;
- Las Pinas City; Malabon City; Mandaluyong City; City of Manila; Marikina City; Muntinlupa City; Paranaque City; San Juan City; Taguig City; Pateros, Metro Manila;
- Abra De Ilog, Looc, Lubang and Mamburao, Occidental Mindoro;
- Baco, Naujan and Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro;
- San Mateo and Taytay, Rizal
Phivolcs also reported expected damage and aftershocks. RQJ
Regel Javines is a former editor-in-chief of an official student publication in a state university. He has been blogging since 2011 writing news and opinion on various social issues; a stringer for already defunct Yahoo! Contributor Network and Allvoices.com. He is also a former content editor and proofreader for various book publishing companies and spent a short stint in The Manila Times as a Deskman for national and foreign business news. See Regel’s posts.